MBBS admission in Pakistan Medical colleges can be a new and exciting thing for a lot of medical students. But at the same time, it is something that most people don’t know about. we updated mdcat 2023 article.
This includes the eligibility criteria, the procedure, and some questions. But it is fine, you do not have to worry as we are writing this blog just for you. In this article, we hope that you find all the answers to your questions.
In this blog, we will try to cover admission to both private and public sector medical colleges in Pakistan. So it doesn’t matter if you are looking for information about either of them. You will get it all in this blog.
MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor in surgery. As the name implies, it is a bachelor’s level degree. You will have to complete 5 years of education and training in various relevant subjects.
The format of study in some private sector universities might be a semester system, while most of the government sector or public sector universities follow the annual system. There are universities like Rawalpindi Medical university that follow the module system. After 5 years of education, young doctors then have to do a house job for a year to get their license.
Now, let’s move on to the topics that you came here for
MBBS Admission to Pakistan Medical college
This is the time of year when medical colleges are accepting admissions. New students are going to start their careers as medical students. You are considering a lot of options as well. Each medical college that you are considering has different criteria depending on different conditions. But some things are the same for each medical college or university in Pakistan.
UHS Announce Documents Preparation for admission in MBBS/BDS.
And some of those things are dates. You must keep in mind the important due dates. If you are late by even a minute then your application will be rejected and someone else from the waiting list will get your seat. So if you want to avoid this situation, then you better understand that you must be punctual during this entire process.
Also, you must prepare all the documentation carefully and keep the eligibility criteria in mind. We will be discussing that in this blog. The next sections of this blog are going to be about the eligibility criteria and the required documents.
What are the Eligibility criteria for MBBS admission?
Eligibility criteria depend on what seat you are applying for. If you are applying for a quota seat then you must fulfill all the conditions for that quota. For example, if you are applying for a reserved seat in any city such as D.G. Khan, you must be a resident of that place. Or, if you are applying for a reserved seat for a disabled person, then you must fulfill strict criteria.
But these are some of the special cases. If you want us to cover these topics in detail, you may let us know in the comments section. Following are the eligibility criteria for native students. We define native students as those who are living in Pakistan and have got their formal education in Pakistan institutions.
- 12 years of HSSC in a premedical group
- The student must have a 60% or more than 60% score in the Intermediate Pre-medical group
- A-level students must have at least 60% grades in their relevant program
- The A-level students must have taken courses such as Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics.
- The students must have an IBCC certificate if they have done A levels. This is to get equivalency to Fsc.
- Students must be 17 to 25 years old.
Are eligibility criteria for Foreign students different?
Surprisingly, there are a lot of foreign students who want quality medical education from Pakistan. If you are an overseas student as well, then the eligibility criteria are different for you. You must fulfill this criterion if you are hoping to get admission to a public-sector medical university in Pakistan. The following points contain the eligibility criteria for overseas students.
- Students must have completed their formal education outside Pakistan.
- They must apply through overseas quota seats in the medical college. Only some colleges allow overseas students through this method
- Students must have cleared the admission test with a 70% score or more
- The admission test must include Biology, Chemistry, and Physics (SAT has these subjects)
- Student A levels must be certified by IBCC for equivalency to Fsc.
These are some things you need to be careful about. But the criteria can be different if you are going for a private-sector medical college. Each college has a different set of rules and regulations. You may want to contact their admission authorities to get a more detailed answer.
What are the Required Documents for MBBS admission?
It is important to consider that a lot of these documents are mandatory. It means that you cannot miss even one of these documents. If you fail to provide even one of these documents, then authorities will not consider your application for admission. Following are the required documents that are required, regardless of the category you are applying for.
- Matric certificate or result card. Or in the case of O levels, an equivalent certificate issued by IBCC
- Fsc certificate or result card, or in case of A levels, an equivalent certificate issued by IBCC
- For foreign students: Foreign qualification that is equivalent to Fsc, Letter of equivalence of grades
- Your MDCAT result card
- CNIC of father
- CNIC of candidate
- Passport size photo which was taken in sky blue background or white background. The photo has to be recent.
- Sign of candidate and thumbprint of the left hand. The impression should be on a white paper with blue or black ink
- In case you are a Hafiz-e-Quran, you will need to submit a certificate from Wafaq ul Madaris
Document for Disabled student: Disability certificate by a specialist working in a Government Hospital
Documents for Underdeveloped Quota: Provisional certificate issued by the head of school you studied from class one to twelve. That school should be located in an underdeveloped district. It should be verified by EDO and DEO. It should also be verified by the DC office.
Document for Dual Nationality holders or overseas students:
- Resident card of a foreign country with validity not less than 6 months at the time of submitting the document
- Valid Pakistan passport
- Valid NICOP issued by NADRA
- Any document stating that a mandatory document is under preparation shall not be accepted
- Information on the document shall be legible.
- Do not share your digital data with strangers
- If you forged any document, you shall be banned from any further admission process for 7 years
MDCAT Books are updated for 2023.
How should I select medical colleges in the preference list?
As the name suggests, you must write the colleges that you prefer. Obviously, you are going to prefer colleges in your city or any college that you deem best. Keep in mind that you will be granted admission based on this preference list. But once you get admission to your preferred college, you will not be granted admission to a college that was lower in your preference list. So always be careful.
There are private and public sector medical colleges. Private-sector medical universities do not have strict criteria if you are from any other province or city. But if you are going to apply to a public sector college, then you may want to look at their eligibility criteria.
What is the online procedure for MBBS admission in Pakistan?
The admission process had to be shifted online due to the recent pandemic situation. But, it was also a blessing in disguise as it digitalized the process. This will enable the authorities to function smoothly and efficiently. All the processes will now take lesser time because of this.
The applicant will first have to enroll on the web portal. From this, you will get a pin code. This pin code may be referred to as your identification number. After this, the students will have to fill in their credentials and visit the nearest bank for biometric authentication.
Following are some things you need to be careful about when you are uploading documents in the online admission process.
- The document should be scanned in black and white with 300 DPI
- File size should not go beyond 2MB
- Any picture or signature should be uploaded in JPEG, JPG, PNG
- Other files should be in PDF format
- File orientation should match the original
- Upload each file with a different label. Do not create a single PDF and upload it
- Upload a single PDF file of a multi-page document
- Label all the documents
- Do not deform the length or width of the document or picture
Read:- Nums Entry Test 2023
How to get admission to Private sector medical colleges?
There are more than 60 private medical colleges in Pakistan. Now, due to the new policy, only students who are up to certain merit can get admission to a private medical college. But, the fee structure can be different depending on the college. If you have the right amount and bare minimum marks, then you can secure admission. Private medical colleges may also have their own terms and conditions. So, make sure that you know about them from their prospectus. For any confusion, you can also contact the concerned authorities from the worthy institutions.
In this article, we discussed the documentation and eligibility criteria in detail. We talked about online submission of the application form as well as how you can upload the documents. There are different criteria for you if you are a native student and there are different sets of rules and regulations if you are applying as a foreign candidate. The documentation changes depending on the category of seat you are applying for. Each category needs some more verified documents from the authorities. If you need some more information, then our comments section is always open for you!
Read:- MDCAT Syllabus 2023 UHS
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Is my photograph mandatory?
Yes, you will need to attach your photo to the application form
Can I submit incomplete documents?
If you submit incomplete documents, your application will not be considered
What is the closing merit of medical colleges?
It changes each year, so if you want to ensure your admission to a college, work as hard as you can.
What is the fee structure of a private medical college?
It depends on the terms and conditions of that institute. On average, it costs about 10 million rupees for the entire degree. That is why most students prefer public-sector medical college
How to calculate aggregate?
You have to calculate 50% from your MDCAT and Fsc each.