Every year, after FSc exams, pre-medical students appear in tests.MDCAT is conducted approximately after 3-4 months of FSc examination. Universities Will Conduct tests across the country. The same Question Paper is for all Candidates across the Province. Paper-based test.
All information is verified.
- As Per as Syllabus
- The Paper will be From MCQs Bank
- No change In the Paper Pattern
- Additional Marks Will Not Be given to Hafiz E. Quran
- Provisional University will Conduct the test.
- The test Will be paper-based
- In Punjab, UHS MDCAT will be conduct
- In Sindh, Dow Medical University (DUHS) will Conduct a test
- KPK KMU will conduct the test.
- Passing marks For MBBS is 55%.
- Passing marks for BDS is 50%
All Conducting bodies (Universities) will Follow Question Bank. For Punjab, Uhs is the conducting body. For Sindh, Dow University of Health Sciences will conduct the test.
MDCAT is a competitive exam for the selection of future doctors in Pakistan. Around 200,000 students from all over Pakistan appear in this test. Fresh candidates, as well as a large number of repeaters, appear in the test so that they can get into medical college by taking this exam.
This year around 210,000 students will appear in MDCAT. 70 thousand more than last year. By these figures, you can imagine how much competition has increased only in one year.
we have calculated that this year alone, there has been a 60 % percent increase in competition from last year. So, buckle up. considering the figures’ merit could go up much this year.
Latest News & Press Conference
There are 6000 Public sector MBBS/BDS seats in Pakistan. Approximately 200,000 students compete every year.
Here are the Frequently asked questions and answers about MDCAT. Hope this section will clear your all queries.
How to do MDCAT preparation?
What books should I buy?
What kind of strategy should I adopt?
How to avoid procrastination?
How to enjoy yourself while studying? How to keep yourself motivated?
This test is very important and life-changing not only for students but for their families too. Students have to work hard without giving up. They have to show loyalty towards their future through their outstanding performance in this test.MDCAT Test is based on 200 MCQs and it consists of five portions
- Logical Reasoning
The above-mentioned four subjects are included in the MDCAT test. You can download the PMDC Syllabus website. It’s better to get a printed copy of the syllabus so that you can use it with convenience.
Follow the syllabus strictly and prepare all those topics that are mentioned in the syllabus. There is no need to go out of syllabus preparation because all the MCQs of the MDCAT Test come according to the syllabus.
Here is the complete name of all members.
- President of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Pakistan
- Fatima Jinnah Medical University, Lahore
- Vice-Chancellor Prof Aamer Zaman Khan, dean/head of the psychiatry department at Bolan University of Medical and Health Sciences, Quetta
- Prof Dr. Ghulam Rasool; Khyber Medical College Peshawar
- Dr. Mahmud Aurangzeb, Lahore Medical and Dental College Lahore
- Prof Dr.Abdul Majeed Chaudhry. Chairman Alliance Healthcare (Pvt) Ltd KP
- Prof Mohammad Tariq Khan
- Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University Islamabad
- Prof Tanvir Khaliq; Shifa International Hospital Medical College Islamabad
- Brig Dr. Tahir Aziz Ahmed, Army Medical College Principal, Professor, and Head of Department of Thoracic Surgery Postgraduate Medical Institute Lady Reading Hospital Peshawar
- Prof Dr.Amer Bilal and Dean Agha Khan University Medical College Karachi
Latest:- MDCAT Preparation
There is a total of 6000 MBBS Seats in Public and Private medical colleges in Punjab. The 775 Seats for BDS. Pakistan Medical & Dental Council PMDC has decided to reset the 60 percent eligibility criteria for admission to MBBS in Pakistan.
Also, there will be no pass-fail criteria for MDCAT. Prior to this, students scoring less than 50 percent marks in the Medical & Dental Colleges admission test MDCAT were declared failed. These important decisions were taken in a meeting chaired by the Registrar PMDC.
During the PMC period, 15 medical and dental colleges were registered. It was informed in the meeting that instead of 70% condition for admission in medical college, 60% marks eligibility criteria will be maintained. Also, the condition of scoring 50% passing marks in the test by PMC has also been abolished. Even those with low marks will now be eligible for admission to medical colleges as in the past.
It was informed in the meeting that the process of cancellation of admission after failing four times has also been restored. Addressing the meeting, PMDC President Justice (Retd) Ijaz Afzal said that when the High Court has declared the PMC null and void, all the decisions taken by it are also null and void. The registration of colleges has also been canceled and now they have to apply for re-registration.
Who will conduct MDCAT 2023?
PMDC conducts the MDCAT on Sunday 27th August 2024.
How many times can we repeat MDCAT?
There is no such limit, you can take the MDCAT.
Is there any age limit for MDCAT?
There is no age limit for MDCAT 2024.
Is MDCAT Easy in Pakistan?
This test is made up of multiple-choice questions based on the MDCAT syllabus. Getting through the test is not easy. Nonetheless, passing the test can be achieved by thoroughly understanding the entire syllabus and by following certain tips and tricks.
For which fields MDCAT is necessary?
As per the regulations of the Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PMDC), Medical/Dental colleges admission tests (MDCAT) are mandatory for students applying to MBBS and BDS programs in both public and private institutions.
Medical Colleges Admission Policy
A centralized policy admission policy will be followed
- There will be no negative marking on the medical entry test.
- The Minister of Education will decide on its PMDC staff.
We update this article from time to time. This information is the latest. Any questions related to MDCAT, Registration, or Preparation? Ask here in the comment box.
This article about MDCAT 2024 is written after a lot of research. Our team meets with the subject specialists, The toppers of MDCAT, and teachers. After a lot of meetings and conversations, we produce high-quality content. we also update this article from time to time.