Here is the Guide about medical colleges in Islamabad with fee structure & Admission details. The educational system in Pakistan has always been under debate due to its low standard of education. However, there are a variety of educational institutes which offer high-quality education.
Among all the educational fields, medical education is given a lot of importance by students. This is because adoption of this profession offers a person, a bright, respectful, and reliable future.
When it comes to medical education in Pakistan, Islamabad does not lack the excellence. Islamabad is equipped with some of the best medical colleges in the country.
Medical colleges in Islamabad are playing a key role in producing the best doctors in the country. Many students who want to pursue medical education in the future lack sufficient knowledge and awareness about top medical colleges.
Now, students need not worry as we are going to provide extensive information about the top-ranked medical colleges in Islamabad. Here are the details of the best medical colleges in Islamabad which provide high-quality education.
Medical Colleges In Islamabad
- Federal Medical Ad Dental College
- Shifa College of Medicine
- Islamaad Medical And Detal College
- Fazai Medical College
- Islam Medical College
- HBS Medical College
Federal Medical and dental college
The Federal Medical and Dental College (FMDC) is the first public-sector medical college located in Islamabad. FMDC Islamabad is a Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University affiliated college comprised of 100 seats.
All the seats are reserved for students belonging to all the provinces according to the government-approved quota. Initially, in 2011, FMDC was recognized for the degree of MBBS for fifty seats only. Later on, Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PM&DC) extended the seats to 100 once FMDC complied with the rules and regulations of PMDC.
Related:- UHS Merit List 2021
FMDC is also affiliated with the Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) and Federal General Hospital. These hospitals are a great way to provide clinical learning opportunities to the students. The sole purpose of FMDC is to produce a great force of doctors under the supervision of highly qualified and fully licensed teachers.
FMDC also aims to educate physicians and to make them reach their maximum potential to meet the health care requirements of the patients. This institute provides enhanced education via teaching, research, and community service to produce the best professional doctors to meet future healthcare requirements.
- The applicants must have passed the intermediate examination in medical subjects i.e. Chemistry, Physics and Biology from a well-recognized institute.
- The applicants must have acquired a minimum of 60% marks in intermediate examinations.
- The A-levels students must have passed their examinations under the Cambridge Board UK and must have obtained 60% marks.
Fee Structure of Federal Medical & Dental College (FMDC)
- First Year Fee
- Rs. 1,15000 (including hostel dues)
- Second/Third/Fourth and Fifth Year Fee
- Rs. 67000 (including hostel dues)
Shifa College Of Medicine
Shifa College of Medicine is a highly recognized medical college in the capital city. Shifa College of Medicine is a Shifa Tameer-e-Milat University-affiliated college that aims at enhancing the lifelong competencies in its students.
This college works upon the framework adopted by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Canada. Best thing about this institute is that its curriculum revolves around the learner and is more focused on the practice of its students in clinical settings since day one.
This college provides its academic services for health sciences, behavioral sciences, clinical psychology and health professions education. Shifa College of Medicine is a sign of excellence and is comprised of highly educated faculty which provides its students with the best academic and research environment.
Merit-based selection of students makes Shifa College of Medicine a choice of many.
Admission & Eligility Criteria
- Applicant must have passed his intermediate in pre-medical subjects with a minimum of 60% marks.
- Applicants with scores higher than 60% will be considered highly competitive.
- Students who have completed their A-levels in Biology, Chemistry, and Physics and have obtained Equivalence Certificate from the IBCC of at least 60% F.Sc pre-medical qualification (minimum 3.0 GPA)
Fee Structure of Shifa College of Medicine
Foundation University Medical College
The Foundation University Medical College (FUI) is a private-sector medical institute comprised of two institutes and was established in 2002. FUI comes under the sponsorship of the Fauji Foundation. Foundation University Medical College aims at providing top-notch training to medical students to make them competent in the race of health sciences.
FUI directs students to enhance and flourish their personalities and inculcates a sense of responsibility, integrity, care, and hard work within its graduates. Moreover, this institute imparts leadership qualities to students and enhances their communication skills. Above all, FUI prepares its budding medical army to continue self-learning to pursue a medical career in the future. The total number of seats available for MBBS are 150.
Admission & Eligibility Criteria
- The students who aim to appear for MDCAT examination must have studies pre-medical subjects during their intermediate studies.
- Applicants who are seeking to apply for MDCAT must have obtained a minimum of 60% marks in the intermediate.
- A-levels students must also have obtained 60% marks in Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Students who are dual-nationality holders need to appear in SAT II exams before the MCAT test.
Fee Structure of Foundation University Medical College
For day scholars- Rs. 9,31,300
Hostel charges Rs. 1,50,00
Fazaia Medical College
Fazaia Medical College (FMC) is a constituent college of Air University Islamabad and was established in March 2015. FMC is a private sector medical institute and is located under the premises of Air University in the very beautiful Margalla foothills.
To ensure the congenial environment of learning, FMC was built of the atrium concept of architecture. The medical college is a hub for highly trained and well-qualified faculty members. Additionally, FMC is equipped with laboratories, a digital library, well-designed lecture halls and departmental museums.
The college aims at fulfilling healthcare needs by imparting high-quality education to its students. Being the institute of Pakistan Air Force, the college is inclined towards a high standard of education in order to meet international standards of medical education.
Being highly concerned about its students, Federal Medical College always wanted to meet the social requirements of Pakistan by enhancing the quality of education. The college pays special attention to the grooming of its students in their emotional, intellectual, cultural, and emotional development.
Above all, the safe and scenic environment of the college attracts many students to be a part of the institute.
Admission & Eligibility Criteria
- All citizens of Pakistan are eligible to apply for admission in Fazaia Medical College.
- Students who have passed their intermediate exams with Pre-Medical subjects are eligible to apply.
- Students who have acquired a minimum of 70% in their intermediate are eligible to apply.
- Students must have obtained a minimum of 60% marks in their NUMS 2022 MDCAT.
- Foreigner students or students with dual-nationality must have passed an English language proficiency tests such as IELTS or TOEFL with a minimum score of 5.5.
- A-levels students with 70% marks in their final exams are eligible to apply.
Islamabad Medical & Dental College
Islamabad Medical & Dental College is a private sector medical institute situated in the scenic environment of Margalla foothills. IMDC is a Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University (SZABMU) and was recognized for MBBS by Pakistan Medical & Dental Council in 2010.
IMDC holds the distinction that it is listed by World Health Organization (WHO) Directory of Medical Institutions. The college provides education and training for BDS, MBBS, Post-graduate programs in six disciplines of Dentistry, DPT, BS-MLT and Post RN-BSN. Islamabad Medical & Dental College is equipped with spacious lecture rooms, modern labs and auditoriums.
The college of Physicians and Surgeons have recognized its Department of Physiology for the Part-II of FCPS.
Additionally, the faculty members are highly qualified and well-trained. Most of the faculty members hold their specialization degrees from institutes of foreign countries.
Read:- MDCAT 2022 Books
Faculty members are highly trained and have vast research experiences which makes them impart high quality education. IMDC helps in enhancing the morale of its students and makes them eligible to become the best healthcare services providers within the country.
The best thing about this college is that it has its own teaching hospital named Dr. Akbar Niazi Teaching Hospital which includes all the required clinical departments. Clinical departments of hospitals and highly equipped to ensure the best quality medical care. The sole purpose of college is to come up with the most competent and knowledgeable medical force.
The teaching hospital of IMDC is also gas Dental hospital which holds all the Hi-tech equipment which helps students flourish in their knowledge of dentistry. The Islamabad Medical & Dental College leaves no efforts behind in order to prove itself one of the finest and most advanced medical institutes in the country.
- Students who have passed their F.Sc with medical subjects (Biology, Physics, and Chemistry) can apply.
- Students who have obtained a minimum of 60% marks in their annual examination of pre-medical can feel free to apply for MBBS.
- Candidates who have obtained 60% marks in their MCAT can apply for admission in IMDC.
Fee Structure of Islamabad Medical & Dental College
For day scholars- Rs. 910,000/-
Total fee including 5% tax- Rs. 955,500/-
Hostel dues including 5% tax- Rs. 231,000/
This is the detailed article by Pakistan Medical Research Council. Do you have a question? Ask in the comment box.