When it comes to medical education in Pakistan, Islamabad does not lack excellence. Islamabad is equipped with some of the best medical colleges in the country.
Medical colleges in Islamabad are playing a key role in producing the best doctors in the country. Many students who want to pursue medical education in the future lack sufficient knowledge and awareness about top medical colleges.
Now, students need not worry as we are going to provide extensive information about the top-ranked medical colleges in Islamabad. Here are the details of the best medical colleges in Islamabad which provide high-quality education.
The MDCAT 2024 is mandatory for admission to medical colleges.
Medical Colleges In Islamabad
- Federal Medical And Dental College
- Shifa College of Medicine
- Islamaad Medical And Detal College
- Fazal Medical College
- Islam Medical College
- HBS Medical College
Federal Medical and Dental College
The Federal Medical and Dental College (FMDC) is the first public-sector medical college located in Islamabad. FMDC Islamabad is a Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University-affiliated college comprised of 100 seats.
FMDC is also affiliated with the Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) and the Federal General Hospital. These hospitals are a great way to provide clinical learning opportunities to students. The sole purpose of FMDC is to produce a great force of doctors under the supervision of highly qualified and fully licensed teachers.
FMDC also aims to educate physicians and to make them reach their maximum potential to meet the health care requirements of the patients. This institute provides enhanced education via teaching, research, and community service to produce the best professional doctors to meet future healthcare requirements.
- The applicants must have passed the intermediate examination in medical subjects i.e. Chemistry, Physics, and Biology from a well-recognized institute.
- The applicants must have acquired a minimum of 60% marks in intermediate examinations.
- The A-level students must have passed their examinations under the Cambridge Board UK and must have obtained 60% marks.
Fee Structure of Federal Medical & Dental College (FMDC)
- First Year Fee
- Rs. 1,15000 (including hostel dues)
- Second/Third/Fourth and Fifth Year Fee
- Rs. 67000 (including hostel dues)
Shifa College Of Medicine
Shifa College of Medicine is a highly recognized medical college in the capital city. Shifa College of Medicine is a Shifa Tameer-e-Milat University-affiliated college that aims at enhancing the lifelong competencies of its students.
This college works upon the framework adopted by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Canada. The best thing about this institute is that its curriculum revolves around the learner and is more focused on the practice of its students in clinical settings from day one.
This college provides its academic services for health sciences, behavioral sciences, clinical psychology, and health professions education. Shifa College of Medicine is a sign of excellence and is comprised of highly educated faculty which provides its students with the best academic and research environment.
Merit-based selection of students makes Shifa College of Medicine a choice for many.
Admission & Eligibility Criteria
- Applicant must have passed his intermediate in pre-medical subjects with a minimum of 60% marks.
- Applicants with scores higher than 60% will be considered highly competitive.
- Students who have completed their A-levels in Biology, Chemistry, and Physics and have obtained an Equivalence Certificate from the IBCC of at least 60% F.Sc pre-medical qualification (minimum 3.0 GPA)